DO NOT PURCHASE OR REGISTER FOR THIS COURSE UNTIL AFTER YOU BECOME BOARD-CERTIFIED. IF YOU START THIS COURSE BEFORE YOU ARE CERTIFIED YOUR ABILITY TO EARN CEUs WILL BE COMPROMISED.
So you passed your BCBA exam - congratulations! Now what? What things can you be doing to set yourself up for a successful career as a behavior analyst? In this four (4) part video series, "Your First 100 Days as a Behavior Analyst", we help you get your career started by describing some of activities you may need to complete to practice behavior analysis, reviewing strategies for finding a job in the field, discussing options for continuing your professional development, and identifying behavior analysis organizations and resources that you should know about to stay connected with the field. Although not all of the information will apply to each subspecialty of behavior analysis, being well informed about these tasks and resources at the start of your career will be useful - if not now, perhaps later. Afterall, your journey as a behavior analyst is just beginning and there are many varied opportunities in our rapidly growing field.
About This Course
This course is video-based with multiple choice questions to help learners evaluate their understanding of content throughout the videos. A final multiple-choice posttest is also used to evaluate acquisition of the course content. A resource button provides access to a printable pdf of the URLs, websites, organizations, and other materials covered in the videos for later reference. The course is divided into the following four major sections and viewing each section is required to earn the CEU certificate.
Section 1: Getting Ready - Setting Yourself up for Successes
Part 1- Being a practicing professional
Part 2 - Finding that Job
Section 2: Continuous Learning
Section 3: Becoming an Active Professional
Section 4: Perspectives - Some thoughts from experienced behavior analysts
How it works
1) Purchase this course. Hold on. If you have or have had an active subscription to the CBA Learning Modules you can take this course for FREE! Contact BDS customer support if you need assistance in accessing this free learning opportunity. If you do not see a zero-dollar price you may need to sign into the store website first. After checking out, your subscription will immediately activate.
2) Sign in to our learning platform and select the course "Your First 100 Days as a Behavior Analyst", and watch the "Introduction to the Course" video.
3) Watch all four course video sections and be sure to self-test your learning throughout by using the embedded knowledge check questions.
4) Access the resource button for a printable pdf list of the websites and resources in the course.
5) After you watch all the videos, go to "Wrapping up - Your First 100 Days as a Behavior Analyst" and, a) watch the wrapping up video, b) complete the posttest to 80%, and c) complete the brief survey.
6) Once you have completed all the course requirements, print your certificate!
To manage your CE credits on the BACB web site, please use our ACE Provider # OP-02-0017.
At the end of this course the learner will be able to:
Identify the activities that will help prepare early career professionals to be a practicing behavior analyst and access relevant resources on-line.
Identify resources to consider when searching for a job, strategies for interviewing and researching potential employers, and access on-line information to develop needed materials such as a cover letter, resume, or curriculum vitae.
Identify the components of a professional development plan, continuous learning community, and communities of practice and access on-line resources to design a personal professional development plan.
Identify ways to become involved in the field of behavior analysis and access or join relevant organizations and groups on-line.
Recommended for early career BCBAs practicing in the United States.
Please click here to read the mandatory ACE provider disclaimer.
Program issues may occur due to the use of an incompatible browser.
For a list of compatible browsers and devices, and recommendations click here