What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, try a free demo, register for a webinar, view a webinar recording, or subscribe to our newsletter.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, username, phone number, fax number, employer, billing address, or mailing address. We collect response data as modules are interacted with, including the IP address, device, and browser details. We may request and collect your university affiliation. The response and performance data that we collect does not constitute an Educational Record, and professors who may require you to use our products are not able to enter grades or any records on our platform.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience: Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve customer service: Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To process transactions: Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- To send periodic emails: The email address you provide for order processing may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. (Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.)
- We collect IP address, device, and browser details to protect your account from unauthorized access in violation of our single-use policy.
- We collect university affiliation to facilitate course sequence requirements, assign price discounts, and enable professors to request access to your performance and response data.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We use a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers. We do not have access to your password at any time.
All employees and contractors who have access to (or could come across) user data must sign a User Data Non Disclosure Agreement.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Performance data will only be made available to course administrators (professors or other third parties) after a) they request access to these data, and b) the student approves the request(s). Note that this does not preclude data summarized across several individuals (with personal identifying information obscured) from being made available to anyone, published, presented at conferences, etc.
European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
- We keep your data indefinitely, unless you request that we delete your data.
- We retain data indefinitely in order to continually improve our products and services over time. These improvements are primarily in relation to improving the efficacy of instructional content, but also to facilitate processing your orders, maintaining your ability to access your account and courses you have purchased, and so that your performance and progress can be tracked over time.
- Occasionally we evaluate the pass rate of a course via surveys of past and present customers and via publicly available information provided by credentialing organizations (such as the BACB, their certificant registry, and the verified course sequence pass rate data that they periodically publish).
- Additionally, we may collect publicly available information on verified course sequences for marketing, customer service, and account management purposes.
- We may also request that you provide a document (Exam Report) in order to process refunds or free extensions associated with our pass guarantee.
- Otherwise, we do not collect or store any of your publicly available information.
Other than the exceptions noted previously, the data that we collect is data that you provide when you a) create an account with us, b) make a purchase in our store, c) interact with instructional content on our learning platform, or d) communicate with customer service or other BDS staff.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance:
Because we value your privacy, we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
As part of the California Online Privacy Protection Act, all users of our site may make any changes to their information at any time by contacting Behavior Development Solutions at email@example.com or calling 1-866-823-4283
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance:
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act); we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products, and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
Terms of Service:
Please also visit our Terms of Service section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.
Behavior Development Solutions
28672 Derry Court Bonita Springs, FL 34135
Toll Free: 1-866-823-4283
The BDS logo, Behavior Development Solutions® and BDS® are registered trademarks with the USPTO.