OBM Foundations | 1.5 Learning BACB CEUs - 3 month license
Authored in 2019 by Nicole Postma, BCBA. Edited by Stephen Eversole, Ed.D., BCBA-D | Available for 1.5 BACB Learning CEUs
The activity for this course involves completing a series of fluency-based modules. Suited for BCBAs and BCaBAs who are interested in Organizational Behavior Management (OBM), OBM Foundations provides the learner with an introduction to key OBM concepts and principles such as performance management, pinpointing, performance diagnostics, reinforcement, goal setting, and more!
OBM (Organizational Behavior Management) has become quite the buzzword in the field of ABA. Performance management is one component in the field of OBM and is a beneficial skill set for anyone who manages people. This course reviews the definitions, concepts, and principles of performance management and how to apply them to work-related scenarios. Upon completion of this course, you will be able to define performance management, pinpoint target behaviors for organizational change, provide effective feedback to your staff, and more! To complete this course, repeat the modules as many times as necessary to achieve 100% correct.
About this course:
This course uses a fluency model. This model involves reading a series of related questions, first during acquisition modules, and then again during fluency modules (which have a shorter time criterion). The fluency model provides many opportunities for practice. Furthermore, each question is accompanied by a hint which should be used unless you are absolutely certain you know the answer. When hints are used properly, fluency-based courses can be errorless or near-errorless.
Keep in mind that fluency-based courses utilize modules, which contain learning exercises--not tests. Concepts are learned when discriminations occur across stimulus classes and generalization occurs within a stimulus class. This is achieved in our model by learners answering a number of carefully constructed questions designed specifically for this purpose.
Here's how it works:
- Purchase this course (see below).
- Complete the acquisition modules to 100% correct.
- Complete the fluency modules to 100% correct.
- Once all acquisition and fluency learning modules have been completed to 100% correct, go to the Finishing Up module, complete the short survey, and print your certificate for BACB CEUs.
To manage your CEUs on the BACB web site, please use our ACE Provider # OP-02-0017.
About the author:
During a career that spans nearly 10 years, Nicki has worked in diverse settings that include clinic, school, outpatient and foster care. In that period, she has been able to effectively combine her clinical and OBM backgrounds to enhance the quality of care and the client experience, either directly or indirectly, for over 400 clients located across the U.S.
Additionally, by effectively applying OBM principles, she has improved the service delivery process and overall organizational effectiveness of schools and agencies for which she has worked or consulted with. She successfully applied her clinical skills, OBM background, and interpersonal skills to secure and manage a six figure contract with one of the top 10 largest school districts in the country. Nicki also teaches the OBM Applied course through FIT.
- Select defining characteristics of performance management.
- Select values of performance management to organizations.
- Define common words / phrases within an OBM project.
- Identify potential OBM project barriers and considerations.
- Select defining characteristics of pinpointing.
- Identify examples of pinpointing.
- Identify important considerations when pinpointing.
- Identify common measurements used when pinpointing.
- Define 3 types of analysis used during performance diagnostics.
- Define the Performance Diagnostic Checklist (PDC).
- Identify procedures used to conduct a Performance Diagnostic Checklist (PDC).
- Identify OBM solutions in applied-scenarios.
- Identify characteristics of effective feedback.
- Identify an effective method for selecting reinforcers in the work place.
- Select an appropriate way to deliver reinforcement effectively.
- Identify the proper use of goals in performance management.
- Identify information that is critical to setting effective goals.
The Behavior Analyst Certification Board®, Inc. does not sponsor, approve, or endorse the material, information, or products described herein.
(Note that the above disclaimer does not mean that the BACB disapproves this product. They simply don't endorse any CE products or events and they want you to know this. However, they do approve providers and BDS is an Approved Learning CE Provider. Therefore, you can rest assured that your CEUs will be accepted by the BACB.)
Program issues may occur due to the use of an incompatible browser.
For a list of compatible browsers and devices, and recommendations click here.