Approved for 11 Learning Ethics BACB CEUs. The activity for this course involves reading the book Ethics for Behavior Analysts, 3rd Edition by Jon S. Bailey and Mary R. Burch and then answering 80 test items, distributed across 4 modules. The book is sold separately.
The authors first describe core ethical principles and then explain each guideline in detail, in easily comprehensible, everyday language. The text is richly illuminated by more than a hundred vivid case scenarios with questions which the authors pose, and later answer for readers. Useful appendices include the BACB Professional and Ethical Compliance Code, an index to them, practice scenarios, and suggested further reading. Apply the knowledge learned to choose the best solutions for real-world ethical cases submitted by practicing behavior analysts!
You must achieve at least 80% correct on each test module in order to be awarded Ethics CEUs. This course allows for three opportunities per module to meet criterion. If 80% correct is not achieved by the third attempt, another attempt cannot be made for 2 days (please call us to extend the subscription at no additional charge).
If you have never purchased Bailey & Burch Ethics V1, V2, or Catch-Up, you are in the right place as this is the recommended course to purchase! However, if you have previously purchased Bailey & Burch Ethics V1, V2, or Catch-Up, do not purchase this course; instead, the "Ethics V3 Advanced" course is recommended, available here (although, if you have previously purchased Baily & Burch Ethics V3 Advanced, do NOT buy this course).
How it Works
Here's how it works:
- Purchase this CE activity (see above) and purchase or otherwise obtain the book, Ethics for Behavior Analysts, 3rd Edition.
- Read the book.
- Complete the online tests and achieve 80% correct with no more than 3 attempts per module.
- To get a certificate for your BACB Learning Ethics CEUs, go to the "Finishing Up" module, complete a brief survey, and print your certificate.
- To manage your CEUs on the BACB web site, please use our ACE Provider # OP-02-0017
Course Module Outline
Course Module Outline:
- 00 Intro & Course Guide
- 01 Comprehensive Test (50 questions)
- 02 Advanced Test, Part 1 (10 questions)
- 03 Advanced Test, Part 2 (10 questions)
- 04 Advanced Test, Part 3 (10 questions)
- 05 Finishing Up & Survey
- Given scenarios drawn from the history of ABA, select the historically accurate option.
- Identify ethical principles of ABA.
- Identify the option that ensures/respects clients’ autonomy.
- Given questions about clinical scenarios, select the option that complies with the BACB’s Professional & Ethical Compliance Code.
- Correctly identify ethics-related terms, methods, & protocols of Applied Behavior Analysis.
- Given questions about reinforcement and punishment, select the application that demonstrates comprehension of the BACB’s Professional & Ethical Compliance Code.
- Identify correct, appropriate, and ethical Supervision protocols.
- Identify when it is appropriate to contact the BACB.
- Given scenarios where the Behavior Analyst is interacting with the public, or with non-Behavior Analyst clinicians, choose the option which properly and ethically promotes the field.
- Select the option that demonstrates correct and ethical procedures when conducting research for publication.
- Identify risk factors and/or their consequences.
- Select best practices and considerations for newly-certified Behavior Analysts who are beginning their careers.
Recommended for BCBAs and BCaBAs.
Please click here to read the mandatory ACE provider disclaimer.
Program issues may occur due to the use of an incompatible browser.
For a list of compatible browsers and devices, and recommendations click here